Author Topic: Development projects  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Axlyon

• -[ EPIC MEMBER ]-
    • Blogdude's Various Reviews
  • Game: RE4 or MGS2
  • Genre: RPG
  • Platform: PC/Steam
  • Studio: Inti Creates
Development projects
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »
I was browsing the forums, looking at some of my old posts, and thinking about the projects that I started, but never really got down to brass tacks on finishing.
For instance, I never did get that text adventure I wanted to make off the ground.
Fortunately, after four years of playing Dungeons and Dragons, and a year and a half of being the best dungeon master I can be, I've learned some things about narrative flow, and organic gameplay.
That, and my time as a games critic have helped shape the idea of what kind of games I wish to make.
The more games I play, the more I notice what I would have done differently. The more campaigns I run, the more I learn about how players approach the game.
I remember wanting to play DnD to learn how the system worked, but after I became a DM, I saw into the back end of that system, I saw how it worked, and that opened my eyes up.
That brings me back to indie games. I have now played through two games entirely made in Enterbrain's RPGmaker engines, and they were both really good. That opened me up to using engines I might have otherwise disliked, simply because programming isn't really my forte.
And finally, this brings me to the here and now. I am currently working on two games, one a tactical RPG built in RPGmaker VX Ace, and one a Metroidvania game in Unity. I fill the role of writer, director, and also that of artist in both projects, but only in the RPGmaker game have I found myself in the programmers chair. Mainly because I've run afoul of hard-drive limitations, and find myself needing as much as I can spare for my videos, and because I have a programmer on my team who knows some things about Unity.
I don't quite know what the point of this was, maybe it can be called a state of the learning address :P
I would like to thank all of you for all you taught me, and John especially for getting me interested in game development!

Offline davidsmith150

• Visitor
  • Platform: PC/Steam
Re: Development projects
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 04:28:04 AM »
Great journey bro, and i read or old some post.