Welcome to the new forum

General discussions that do not fit into one of the topics.
jsharbour
Site Admin

Welcome to the new forum

Post by jsharbour » Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Welcome to the new forum!
The old one is long gone now, sadly, and with it, a lot of good information, but the server software was hopelessly buggy and unable to handle spam properly, and ALSO, it was hosted on an ancient server (which might explain the lack of support). At any rate, it's all gone.
I did not save the old forum posts because I found the idea of doing that too tiresome. There was a lot of good information, but also a lot of outdated topics from very old books (10+ years ago).
I've set this up in case anyone follows an old link here, and might develop the forum in time, but for now it's set up minimally and I'll work on it when time permits.
If you are here looking for information about one of my programming books published from 2001-2014, please feel free to post a question or comment and I'll do what I can to help. The amount of such posts will determine how the forum is developed. I might not need to do anything with it at this late date. I know there are teachers still using my books, and many are still available online, but not in physical bookstores today.
I'm here to help if needed.
-Jon